Facility Management is one of the rapidly growing professional and operational disciplines in today’s time. No matter what industry it is or what scale your business is operating at, a company today has to have an integrated facility management system in place that will help in building an organized work infrastructure. To establish an FM system, a company and its employees need to indulge in Facility Management Training. The training will be helpful for the business entity in understanding, implementing, and maintaining the quality standards covered in ISO 41001:2018. It will help improve the efficiency level in all areas.
Facility Management Market in the UAE
Facility management has become an integral part of any business today. With that, the market for facility management is also uprising all over the world. Frost and Sullivan, a business consulting firm, has reported that by the year 2025 the global FM market of outsourcing services will be worth USD 1 Trillion. As per the market research report, projected by the Prescient & Strategic Intelligence, the UAE facilities management market valued at $13,577.4 million in 2018 and is expected to rise by a CAGR of 9.8% during 2019–2024. With the increase in the construction industry and tourism sector, with the upcoming international event – Dubai Expo 2020 that will lead to an increase in the investment in the area of infrastructure and real estate, huge growth will be seen in the FM market in the UAE.
The Need for a Facility Management System
Looking at the boom in the facility management market in the UAE and worldwide, the need for having an integrated FM system is inevitable. Today, if businesses want to deliver the final product in the most significant way, they have to have an effective and efficient delivery of FM. This will not only support them in achieving the objectives but will also improve the health and safety of the workforce and sustainability of the companies in this globally-competitive environment. With all the benefits that the facility management system renders, it is needless to say the importance of achieving and implementing ISO 41001:2018 certification in the organizational structure.
How to Get ISO 41001:2018 Certification?
ISO 41001:2018, incorporating facility management, covers the quality standards that can be applied to attain the highest level of productivity. The certification can be obtained by an ISO certification body. ISO 41001 can be achieved by companies, despite the size, industry, and location. Although the cost of certification will be dependent on the size of the company, the number of branches it has, and other such relevant information.
Getting an ISO certification is an ongoing process, it takes about 2 – 3 months to achieve it. Once achieved, the ISO 41001 certificate will be valid for three years. Every year, the certification body conducts a surveillance audit and at the end of the third year, the body conducts a recertification audit, wherein the company reobtains the certificate for another third year.
To get an ISO 41001:2018 certification, a company must get the relevant training to attain, implement, and maintain the facilities management standards. Companies like Vamah, an ISO consultation firm in Dubai, UAE, lead the way in providing the right training and guidance to a business entity throughout the process of obtaining the certification. Vamah imparts in-house, online, and customized training for the ISO 41001:2018 certification and also provides companies with the ISO 41001 document template tool kit.
Facility Management Training at Vamah
Vamah prepares you for getting the ISO 41001:2018 certification, by providing the following training. The training will help in enhancing the knowledge base and skills of the employees which will lead to better understanding and implementation of the facility management quality standards.
Awareness training is developed to make companies and their employees understand the requirements of the ISO 41001:2018 Facility Management System. Training and workshops are conducted for the organization’s staff regarding the awareness, establishment, and documentation of the FM system.
The awareness training course will cover the following points:
- It will give an overview of ISO 41001:2018 and all its clauses and sub-clauses.
- It will provide all the benefits of the standard.
- It will help you understand the Plan-Do-Check-Act Cycle of FMS requirements.
- It will provide an understanding of the requirements for establishing an FM System.
Benefits of the awareness training:
- It will help the company in establishing an integrated facility management system.
- It will help in compliance with the requirements of ISO 41001:2018.
- A well incorporated 41001 standard will improve the health, safety, and productivity.
- It will be beneficial in meeting customer’s needs and in building trust amongst the stakeholders.
Implementation training is designed to implement an FM system in the organizational structure, make adjustments wherever needed in the current framework. The training is constructed to implement the key concepts of ISO 41001:2018. The implementation training course is to be attended by the facility managers who are accountable for implementing the standard.
The implementation training course will touch on the following topics:
- The ISO consultants will conduct a review of the company’s current state with regards to ISO 41001.
- It will help in the interpretation of the key concepts and requirements of ISO 41001:2018 from an implementation point of view.
- It will provide a structure for implementing the standard, following the Plan-Do-Check-Act Cycle.
- The employees will be given training on how to do document and record control.
Benefits of the implementation training:
- The course will help in implementing a solid integrated FM system in an organization.
- It will help in developing an action plan and determining the relevant resources for the implementation of 41001.
- It will help in applying the best implementation of the standard by using the proven techniques and tools.
Internal auditor training is developed to provide companies with a detailed understanding of the audit process and methodology which includes interview techniques and auditing techniques. The ISO consultants will impart guidance to take corrective measures to successfully executive 41001 standards. The training is to be attended by the auditor who has the responsibility to audit an FM system and people who will be coordinating internal audit activities.
The internal audit training course will cover the following major points:
- It will consult on the planning, leading, and monitoring of FM system audit and facility management operations.
- It will provide an understanding of the requirements of ISO 41001:2018 from an FM audit point of view.
- Give knowledge on the process of internal auditing, and preparation and maintenance of internal audit records.
- Give knowledge on auditioning and questioning techniques.
Benefits of the internal audit training:
- The training will help the organization’s staff get hold of skills to manage the facility management system and FM audits.
- It is beneficial in preparing, conducting, and following-up on 41001 audit activities.
- It will help in the execution of the key concepts and requirements of ISO 41001:2018 audit.
4) ISO 41001:2018 Lead auditor Training
The lead auditor training is developed to provide audit training to the lead internal auditors of an organization that manages a team of internal auditors. Apart from the lead auditors, the training is to be attended by quality managers and management representatives.
The lead auditor training touch-on the following points:
- It will help in understanding the audit principles and processes.
- It will provide knowledge on audit planning, execution, and reporting.
- It will impart guidance on the necessary corrective actions and follow-ups while auditing.
Benefits of lead auditor training:
- It is beneficial in delegating the key requirements of ISO 41001:2018.
- It will help in projecting audit findings in the form of audit reports.
- It will help in identifying non-conformances and rectifying them.